For a one off payment, you can protect your new furniture for 5 years. No, there's no catch and no hidden surprises!
Why do I need a Furniture Protection Plan?
A Furniture Protection Plan is essentially a no-excess insurance policy.
You've spilt a drink on your lovely new sofa and the stain isn’t budging. What would you do if you didn’t have a Protection Plan…?
Guardsman Furniture Protection Plans: complete peace of mind for you to enjoy your furniture…
Whether you stain your seat cushion or rip the arm of your sofa, Guardsman have you covered for 5 years.
• It covers life’s little accidents, such as food or drink spills and accidental damage.
• When you have an accident, call us using the phone number on your Plan certificate or download a claim form.
• A one-off payment for 5 years protection. There aren’t any excesses to pay or annual renewal costs.
• Wherever possible, our expert techs always aim to repair the damage on their first visit.
• If the damage can’t be repaired, we’ll replace the damaged part, the item of furniture or we’ll offer a cash settlement.
• You can make a claim any time throughout your plan. You can make as many claims as you need up to the indemnity value of your plan. (That’s the price you originally paid for your furniture or £15,000, whichever is the lowest).
So what does it actually cover for?
All forms of accidental staining
Drink eg. tea & coffee; Food eg. curry & chocolate; Make-up; Ink
Accidental damage such as:
Tears and rips eg. Caused by keys, Burns eg. Caused by candles, Scuffs and scratches (to covering leather), Pet scracthes (not as a result of build-up), Thread pulls
We do not cover for:
General cleaning; Wear and tear; Odours; Colour change; Animal chewing; Damage caused by perspiration; Structural faults (unless you have bought a structural damage plan).
A Guardsman Protection Plan is not a substitute for regular care and cleaning. We’ll take care of the accidents, but the day to day care is down to you. A Protection Plan is essentially ‘no excess’ furniture insurance - for a copy of your terms and conditions, please contact your furniture retailer.