Happy pets play in the yard on this extra thick wooden puzzle that includes eight easy-grasp, chunky pet pieces. Each pet animal can stand upright for pretend play and has a full-color, matching picture underneath. Encourages hand-eye, fine motor and creative expression skills.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to line up the pieces, and count them aloud together.
- Ask the child to identify each type of animal. How many cats are there? How many dogs?
- Encourage the child to identify and discuss all the colors on the pieces. Do any pieces have more than one color? Do any pieces have colors in common?
- Ask the child to identify the shapes on each animal piece (circles, stripes, swirls, triangles). Help the child to select different groups based on the shapes. For example, collect all the pieces with swirls and place them in a stack. Then return them to the puzzle board and stack all the pieces with circles or dots.
- With all the pieces on the puzzle board, ask the child questions to make up a simple story about their lives. For instance, "Do these animals like to play together? What game will they play today?" or "What do you think each animal's name is?"