On the road, on the rails, by sea or by air, imaginations travel far and wide with this extra-thick wooden puzzle. Featuring nine easy-grasp, chunky vehicle pieces that can stand upright for pretend play. Each vehicle has a full-color, matching picture underneath. Encourages hand-eye, fine motor and creative expression skills.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to place all the pieces in a line, either flat on the play surface or standing up (depending on the child's abilities).
- Ask the child to point to the vehicles as you name them. Then ask the child to identify the vehicles as you point to them.
- Place three or four puzzle pieces in a row and ask the child to study them. Then have the child look away while you remove one piece. Ask the child to look again and tell you which piece is missing. Repeat with fewer or more pieces to alter the level of difficulty.
- Discuss with the child which vehicles move in the air, on the tracks, on a road or in the water. Ask silly questions such as, "Does the police car go in the river?" "Does the school bus go in the sky?"
- Ask the child to show you how each vehicle moves, by moving it along the floor or lifting it through the air.