If you're a normal, friendly member of the public with something you're hoping to sell, here are some guidelines:
• We're currently most interested in mid-century furniture, dating from around 1950-1970. Have a look around our website and you'll get a sense of what we're after.
• Take a few photos
• Email them to us, along with the price you're hoping to get to: [email protected]
• The condition doesn't matter, as we have our own onsite workshop, but it will affect the price we'll pay
• If we have to come and collect it from you, this will reduce the price and also depends on your location.
THINGS WE DON'T BUY
Just so you don't waste your time, we DON'T buy the following:
• Anything between the 1980s and today
• Old sofas from stores such as DFS, IKEA or John Lewis
• Kitchen or other home appliances, such as washing machines, cookers, TVs, etc
• Anything you've bought new in the last 30 year
DON'T THROW IT AWAY!
Sadly, some pieces are just not quite right for us.
However, that's no reason to throw it away, there are other avenues you can pursue and lots of ways to find something a new home.
• Your local general auction house, may well be interested. They will be able to provide you with both a valuation and a fair market price if sold. A quick online search for local auctioneers is best.
• Another good new home for your old furniture is the British Heart Foundation. You will not only be supporting vital work but they also collect for free. Click here to find out if they can help.
• If it's toys that your little ones have outgrown, we highly recommend The Toy Project in Archway. A local Toy Charity, with a huge heart and doing fantastic work. They are always grateful and always in need. Click here to see more.